Saturday, July 23, 2011

Run for the Gold... Leprechaun Days











I can cross this off my bucket list!!! The kids and I ran in the "Run for Gold, Leprechaun days".

Celina did the mile in 8 minutes, 33 seconds!! She finished 54th out of 107 people, and earned a 2nd place in her age group of 11-12 year olds. Out of all the girls/women 47, she finished #20 better then half of the runners!! Way to Go Celina!!!!!

Logan did the half mile - Shamrock Sprint and came in 4th out of all the kids ages 8 and under!! Way to go Logan!!!

I ran the 4 mile and did it in my record time of 8 minutes and 51 seconds a mile for a total 4 mile time of 53 minutes and 22 seconds!!! Out of 214 people, I came in 105th place. I was in 8th place for my age group (40 - 49) and there were 20 of us. Total # of women that ran the race was 91 and out of those I was #33!! I'm super glad I did this and could not have imagined a year ago I would be running a 4 mile race!! Oh.,. almost forgot... my race was done without my Ipod!!! Just Crazy that I forgot it and I sure could have used some music motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment