Sunday, April 17, 2011

My New Legs... and the New Me!!!

Yes, my legs are still in recovery from surgery but they have made a lot of progress. Guess it's time to unveil my vein free legs.. They still have a lot more healing to do but I'm happy to say.. they are looking a lot better!!

This was the "bad leg"!!!!



Update on my weight loss.. I'm also happy to report.. I can wear a size 4!! Yes, I was surprised too. All my months of hard work  getting up at 5:30am to go to the gym and workout is finally paying off. I have been stuck for months now just wanting to lose the last 5 pounds to get back down to my pre-Celina and Logan weight but I am okay with taking it slow.

People have asked what I did to finally lose that baby weight. I didn't do weight watchers, or a crazy diet. I knew it had to be something I would be able to stick with to maintain after I lost the weight. I did sign up for an on-line website to track what I'm eating and how much I exercise. I will always track my food as a way to maintain. I recommend http://www.caloriecounter.com/.  Here is my diet trick that worked for me. I like food with flavor, fresh salsa, spaghetti sauce..and light ranch dressing (not low cal but good with a ton of raw veggies). I stay away from bread (I still have some bread occasionally) instead I started out eating a cup of white rice with my salsa (as much salsa as I wanted) the hotter the better too!! I switched to brown rice and really like the flavor better then white. I also have tried barley, millet and quonia: all taste and have a texture similar to rice and are good with salsa. I also eat all I want of fruit, mostly bananas, cuties, strawberries and Granny Smith apples. I substitute squash for noodles and eat unlimited amounts of cooked or raw veggies at anytime of the day. Air popped Popcorn is also a low calorie favorite of mine. I use spray butter and some low cal seasoning to make it more tasty. Sure I still crave chocolate and cookies sometimes but I'll have one or a bite of cheesecake, etc not the whole thing. A little sometimes tastes better then a whole lot, I just remind myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment